Mcdaniel and Jackson

In “Anthem for my belly after eating too much”, Kara Jackson discusses body positivity in today’s society and how it affects women. She talks about how women are supposed to meet a certain body standard in current society and are expected to be paper-thin in order to be attractive. I really enjoyed her quote: “my mouth is a lover devoted to you my belly, my belly.” People tend to get distracted from their own happiness and care more about what others think and also whether they meet society’s standards. It is important to treat yourself and do what makes you happy because that is more important than anyone else’s opinion. Self-love is the only way to true happiness. 

“The Church of Michael Jordan” by Jeffery Mcdaniel is a poem that discusses faith and basketball. The poem shows the role faith plays in sports and his routine for before games. He used many metaphors to connect faith and basketball and also said the hoop is God’s arms. Basically saying the game is in God’s hand and he must trust what he has planned for you. I can relate to this as I have prayed to God before races and games, asking him for good luck and success. No matter the result, you have to trust God’s plan with you. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leonidas Tsirigotis Date And Time

Poem Analysis (Jackson and McDainels)

iExamen 2