Soto - Leonidas Tsirigotis

 In terms of the poem, I really enjoyed the hard working theme of sacrifice. As I said before, reading the poem gives me a humbled feeling. No matter how hard things seem, someone will always have it harder than you and someone is sacrificing more than you. It motivates you to get on their level and be the best you can be. 

The poem reminds me of my grandparents, who left 6th grade to go into the farming industry in Greece. Then my grandfather's got conscripted to join the Hellenic Navy and had a hard life afterwards. And yet, they still managed to come to America, sacrifice so much blood, sweat, and tears, not for them, but for me and my parents. That is where the poem hits me, it is the connections made of an overall theme of selfless sacrifice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leonidas Tsirigotis Date And Time

Poem Analysis (Jackson and McDainels)

iExamen 2