Blog

 

The poem “The Church of Michael Jordan” by Jeffrey McDaniel is a work that makes the connection to the game of basketball and also, the connection which players have with God. It alludes to the idea of praying to God’s open arms in order to ask for success for great things to come in your way and be thankful for receiving the talent of playing the sport and having the ability to do what others cannot, Michael obviously knew he was special. I like the part it says “Once during an interview I slipped, I didn’t pray well tonight, and the reporter looked at me, the same one who’d called me a baller of destiny, and said you mean play, right? Of course, I nodded. Don’t misunderstand—I’m no reverend of the flesh.” because of it kind of shows a side that people, just like the reporter, do not always believe or are aware of the importance to an athlete. And by saying, “I slipped” it gives me the idea that this is usually an intimate part of the athlete that is often not shared with others. As an overall, I can relate the poem to how I also pray to God before my games but, most importantly, the idea that God is responsible for doing great things, and making what seems to be not possible to turn out to be possible as long as you keep looking for him and believing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leonidas Tsirigotis Date And Time

Poem Analysis (Jackson and McDainels)

iExamen 2