IEXAMEN 1

  I learned a lot about the way I communicate while doing this exercise on Sunday. Even though I didn’t have a lot of interaction on Sunday, I still learned a lot. 

With my parents away for the day, I was in charge of my brothers. The first thing I noticed was how I don’t like to have to boss people around and be responsible for them. I had to make sure they were awake and ready for church. This was an annoyance to me since I’m not used to this responsibility. I also noticed through my brother's body language that they did not want to go church and would’ve rather still been in bed. This told me, I’m used to a certain type of communication, and when I have to change, it annoys me. Later, I drove for doordash to make some money. Each restaurant I entered to pick up an order, I would say the same thing, “Hey, I’m here for a doordash order.” Then I would try to grab it and get moving as quickly as possible. When I am busy and trying to get things done, I communicate quickly and efficiently. Afterwards, I went to the gym. There, I acted similarly to when working. Focusing on being efficient. I wouldn’t say anything except “thanks” to the person at the desk as I left. I would nod to the employees as I came in. My body language displayed my fatigue from the workouts. I noticed from driving a lot throughout the day, that there is a lot of silent communication in driving. Whether it’s someone letting you merge onto a road or myself telling the people in front of me they can cross the street and I’ll stop. These instances and more can all be done through simple head or hand movements. This makes me realize how simple communication can be at times. When texting, I concluded that I tend to joke and make sarcastic remarks a lot through text. I don’t typically have serious conversations through text. At night, I had a technology-free hour. It was very interesting because I can be too attached to my devices at times. I noticed through this hour that I am much less distracted and more engaged in conversation when I don’t have my devices near me. Coming back to my phone after an hour and seeing a bunch of missed texts and notifications made me realize how much I use and communicate on my phone in a single hour.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leonidas Tsirigotis Date And Time

Poem Analysis (Jackson and McDainels)

iExamen 2