iExamen 1

 I decided to do my self-analysis on Saturday to see if I am going to notice anything particular with the way I communicate with people. It was a little bit different because I was not in town. I spent this weekend with my family and friends. In the morning, I got up at seven o'clock and stayed in bed for a quarter of an hour in the dark before getting up, to make the night last. Normally, every morning, I follow the same routine: I start by washing his face before taking a shower.  

Doing this self-analysis made me realized that there are some areas in my life that I need to improve while communicating with others. There was a lot that I did not say, only because it was critical in away. I noticed that I maintained good eye contact when I was interested.

I also was more engaged with face to face, I listened more and was able to interpret their reaction, which I usually unable to get through text messages or emails.

Another thing I notice is that my non-verbal communication skills stuck out as well. When I was not able to say something, my body language would do the job for me.

And I thought I would have had a hard time without using technology. My initial time was supposed to be 9 am-10 am, but at my biggest surprise, it was actually easy. I went up to 1 pm without technology. The outcome surprised me a little bit. The reason was that I spent a lot of time interacting with a lot of people this weekend. I was more able to engage more in conversation with others. I didn't even think about technology. I even went for more than an hour without it.  It made me realized how dependent I have become of technology, and I need to make some changes.

When I got back to technology, it felt good and bad at the same time. Good because my life revolves around technology and bad because it was depriving me to really connect with other people.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leonidas Tsirigotis Date And Time

Poem Analysis (Jackson and McDainels)

iExamen 2